Sunday, January 24, 2010

Birthday Dress



One of my very best friend's grand-daughter is turning one.  I thought it would be fun to make her a sweet first birthday outfit.  I have gone back and forth on if I should make her a skirt with a matching shirt or a dress.  I really wanted to try my hand at the skirt and shirt because I just recently learned to appliqué, and I thought that I could make her an adorable matching shirt.   However, because first birthdays are so special, I finally decided to make her a fun dress.   It is going to be really adorable.   I am even thinking of adding a little tulle petticoat when I am done!   I will post pictures when I am finished with the dress.  Here are some pictures of the work in progress.  I just love the little blue ruffle peeking out the bottom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers